Ron A. Hobgood
Ron Hobgood has been a civil trial attorney practicing insurance related law since his admission to the bar in 1971. He was a senior partner at Kightlinger & Gray in Indiana before moving to Florida in 1994. He holds a law degree from the Indiana University School of Law and is Board Certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Ron is admitted to the Florida Bar and the Middle and Southern District courts. He is a certified mediator and member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Ron has authored a number of insurance related articles and has enjoyed serving as one of the featured speakers for the FAPIA Public Adjusting 101 course of the past several years. Ron is involved in a number of charitable activities and often travels to Haiti where he shares his expertise and sweat drilling freshwater wells for needy Haitians. Ron and his wife Jayne have 3 sons and 3 grandchildren.aRon Hobgood has been a civil trial attorney practicing insurance related law since his admission to the Indiana Bar in 1971. He rose through the ranks with the law firm of Kightlinger & Gray in Indiana and eventually became a full equity Senior Partner before making the decision to move to Florida in 1994. He holds a Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from Indiana University School of Law and is certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Ron’s practice includes first-party insurance matters, insurance bad-faith, serious personal injury and wrongful death claims.
Ron is admitted to the Florida Bar, the Middle and Southern District Federal Courts in Florida, as well as the Unites States Supreme Court. Ron's experience includes having been a certified Mediator both in Indiana and Florida for many years and his court room success entitled him to become a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He also is a charter member of Distinguished Justice Advocates.
Ron has served as a featured speaker for the Public Adjusting 101 course offered by the FAPIA organization in Florida. From a personal standpoint, Ron makes mission trips up in the hills of Haiti where he shares his construction expertise on projects and repairs water wells and cisterns in the village of Ste. Suzanne.
Ron and his wife, Jayne, have been married 45 years, have 3 sons and 5 grandchildren.
- Ron A. Hobgood, Esquire, Tampa, FL of counsel to Freemon & Miller, P.A. /Trial attorney (2005 – present);
- Ron A. Hobgood, Esquire, Tampa, FL, Solo practice. Trial attorney, mediator, and arbitrator (2003 – 2005);
- Fireman’s Fund Insurance Company, Tampa, FL – senior staff trial counsel (1997 – 2003);
- Krug, Berman, & Silverman, P.A., Clearwater, FL, of counsel/trial attorney, mediator, arbitrator (1996 – 1997);
- Ron A. Hobgood, Esquire, Tampa, FL, Trial attorney, mediator, and arbitrator (1994 – 1996);
- Kightlinger & Gray, Evansville, Indianapolis, and New Albany IN, senior partner/trial attorney involving insurance defense (1971 – 1994)
- Indiana University School of Law, J.D., 1971
- University of Evansville, BA, 1966
- Certified Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Florida Supreme Court – former certified civil mediator/arbitrator
- U.S.D.C. Middle District of Florida – former certified mediator/arbitrator
- Indiana Supreme Court – former certified civil mediator/arbitrator
- Florida State Bar Association
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Multi-million Dollar Advocate Forum
- U.S.D.C. for the Southern District of Florida 2006
- U.S.D.C. for the Middle District of Florida 1994
- United States Supreme Court 1976
- Florida State Courts 1975
- Florida Supreme Court 1975
- U.S.D.C. for the Southern District of Indiana 1971
- Indiana State Courts 1971
- Indiana Supreme Court 1971